Brief About Node.JS Framework
- Enhances productivity and efficiency
- Offers a single code base to facilitate instant data synchronization
- Facilitates flawless data streaming
- Supports micro-services
- Provide fast and speedy app development process
- Serves as a proxy server
- An ideal solution to build Internet of Things (IoT) applications
Types of Node.js Development Services
Some of the key Node.js development services that are more in demand include:
- API gateway development
- Node.js migration
- Plug-ins development
- API development
- Node.js expert consultation
- Custom Node.js Development
Features of Node JS Framework
Below mentioned are some of the key features of Node.js that makes it the first choice of developers:
- Non-Blocking Thread Execution: Node.js facilitates non-blocking thread execution which means that developers can continue executing the next tasks in the chain without the need to wait after loading some data, polling a remote service, reading from a database, or performing any other task. This helps to make the app development process exceptionally fast and efficient.
- Highly Scalable: Though Node.js utilizes a single threaded model with event looping, its event mechanism helps the server to react in a non-blocking way and makes the server highly flexible. This framework use a single threaded program and the same program can provide service to a large number of requests as compared to traditional servers which create limited threads to handle requests.
- No Buffering: There are no buffering issues with Node.js applications. The application built using the Node.js framework simply outputs the data in chunks. This allows users to enjoy media streams without any disturbance.
- License: Node.js is launched under the MIT license.
Where Developers Can Use Node.JS?
The developers can leverage Node.js technology for:
Single Page Applications
Single Page Applications or SPAs are an ideal way to develop an app that can run seamlessly on any device, in any browser. It deliver a native-like app experience to the users within any browser. Due to its asynchronous data flow on the backend, Node.js makes a perfect choice for building single page applications.
Node.js comprises built-in stream modules that assist users in transmitting a large amount of data in a proper sequence. As Node.js is a perfect framework for building fast and scalable applications, it is the best choice to manage streaming videos, create thumbnails for videos, and also serve captions and subtitles for videos.
Node.js comprises all the essential functionalities that are required to create real-time chat applications. Due to its event-driven APIs and asynchronous nature, the developers are able to create real-time applications that can be used for a number of purposes such as real-time messaging, real-time notification delivery, live streaming, real-time tracking, etc.
APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) based on REST (Representational State Transfer) play an important role in creating modern enterprise software architectures. Node.js provides an Express.js framework that developers can utilize to build lightweight and fast REST APIs. Express.js, also known as Express is a web application framework that comes with a number of robust features for web and mobile applications.
Node.js can be used to build real-time applications. For instance, a chat room can be created where people can interact with each other in real-time, or a collaboration tool can be created where co-workers can work on the same document at the same time. In all, the real-time and collaborative applications developed using Node.js facilitate project management, co-browsing, audio and video conferencing, etc.
With the help of two-way sockets of Node.js, businesses can easily track their website visitors and monitor their interactions in real-time.
Node.js framework can be used as a service-side proxy for the purpose of managing a huge array of concurrent connections in a non-blocking manner. For instance, the developers can create client-side apps using the Node.js development server for assets and proxying API requests.
Key Skills of Node.JS Developers
Businesses that are planning to hire Node.js developers for their web or app development projects must ensure that the programmers or developers have the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js framework
- Thorough understanding of front end technologies
- Expertise in RESTful APIs and API communications
- Know-how of asynchronous programming and its workarounds
- Working knowledge in user authentication and authorization
- Proficiency in error handling
Skilled front end developers know how to handle each level effectively and efficiently in the development process so as to develop a customized solution that best meets the precise requirements of a business.